Due to the special nature of our collections, we ask that you observe the following rules:
- Food and beverages are not permitted in the Archives Research Area.
- Please wash your hands and do not apply skin lotion before handling archival material.
- Please allow the Archives staff to store any coats, briefcases, backpacks or purses during your time at the Archives.
- Only pencils and paper or computers may be used for taking notes. No pens or ink of any kind are allowed while using archival material.
- All users must fill out a Researcher Registration Form.
- All collections must be used in the Research Area. Archival material may not leave the building.
- All material must be handled with extreme care. Do not mark, fold or alter materials in any way. The original order of the materials as they are presented must be retained. Gloves (provided by the Archives) may be required when using certain materials.
- Photocopies must be made by the Archives staff. Photographs need 48 hours to be retrieved and reproduced.
- Researchers may photograph some material (except photographs, maps or architectural plans).
- Any archival material used in publication, quoted online or in a blog, or used in a newsletter must include the following credit line: “Used with permission from the Mineral Point Library Archives.”
- All researchers assume full legal responsibility for any copyright laws that may be in effect on materials used in publications. Please consult the Archives staff if you have questions.
- Architectural plans may be used with written permission of the building owner if the building is extant.
Thank you for your cooperation. We hope your search is successful. We will help in any way possible.