The Mineral Point Library Archives (MPLA) actively collects:
- materials that document the history and culture of Mineral Point and the surrounding area from early European settlement through to the present.
- materials that include personal papers, letters, diaries, records of farms, businesses and civic organizations, photographs, sound and visual recordings, maps and architectural drawings, as well as records and documents that are born electronic.
- documentary collections as small as one page or as large as several boxes or filing cabinets.
- primarily paper documents but a collection may include small memorabilia. The MPLA does not collect artifacts.
- documents and records that tell the story of the City of Mineral Point, the Town of Mineral Point, the School District of Mineral Point and adjacent villages where no existing historical society is preserving that heritage.
- The MPLA acts as the repository of records of permanent value for the City of Mineral Point.
All donations must be accompanied by a Deed of Gift. To see an example or to fill out one before you arrive with your donation, click here for a Deed of Gift.